Sunday, January 20, 2013

Salicylic Acid 20% Gel Peel, 30ml (Professional)



At first i was skeptical of this acid peel, but changed my mind soon after.
I took before photos to see the change the peel would have on my face, and its only been about 4 weeks, but i will take pics soon of the after results after 6 weeks.

Im 20, male, white, with slightly oily skin, and acne that sometimes turns horrible on me and makes cysts only on cheeks though. One cyst next to my eye and eyebrow left a bad scar.

This stuff does tingle a bit, but very bearable. Used first for 2 mins, and had no effect, upped it to 4, same result. Used the full 8 mins the next day, started to see improvements. I modified the instructions a bit because my skin is used to exfoliations by 10% benzoil peroxide which only made pimples smaller and face a bit dry.

I used every other day for the full 8 mins every time. But i suggest follow their instructions first before adjusting it. No down time here, and no redness like some people mentioned, and i dont apply moisturizer. The skin feels same before and after application, but results can been seen a few hours after the application as well as increased results over 24-48 hours. The company suggests using a moisturizer, so dont take my word for it that you may not need it, so start with that. I started first using this product with a moisturizer but i think it clogged my pores and cause mild acne.

The results i got were:
-Pores got smaller noticeably on the nose, but not as much on the cheeks.
-Face became much more smoother, the scars got blended in(not the major ones thought)
-Face is less oily after application as well as for the next 24 hours or so. No moisturizer was needed for me, as the amount of oil on my skin after use of the peel stayed at a perfect level.
-Face got lighter (can be seen in my pictures), and red spots from old acne lightened up slightly.
-Acne breakout decreased alot. I no longer get acne on my cheeks and forehead. My problem is the nose and chin, mainly the bottom portion of the nose.

Final Comment: I would recommend this product to first time chem peel users. My sister is trying it right now. My skin is not sensitive, so i will be looking for a stronger solution, maybe 30% salicylic, or 35% glycolic. May buy this (in the 100 mL bottle) after i get rid of my red spots to maintain an acne free face.

Ill keep you guys updated with what happens in the next 2 months or whatever because its only been 1 month, and full results may take much longer. btw, i still have half the bottle left after 1 month use.

If you had pretty good skin to start with but there were some things I wanted to improve. Not only did this product improve the items I wanted to address but it also had some other benefits.

***The texture of the skin in my tear troughs under my eyes was crepe like and would make the concealer look "cakey". The skin texture has been dramatically improved. The surprise is that my under eye circles almost invisible now. I don't even need to put on concealer anymore.

***When I smile I would get a bunch of wrinkles under my left eye. There was one deep wrinkle and the other finer wrinkles. Those fine wrinkles are gone and the deep wrinkle is much less noticeable.

***I had orange peel texture on my lower cheeks and around my mouth. Much of this is now gone. The deep texture on my left lower cheek is still there, but significantly improved.

***The skin above my lips looks awesome. My hubby even said "the skin around your mouth looks great".

I am now 6 days post peel and my skin is as soft, pink, moist and wrinkle free as a baby's bottom.

I noticed that the first few days, my skin feels a little irritated and sensitive. It is not that bad and is quite normal with any chemical peels out there. But I can definitely notice it as well as a lot of other reviewers on here.

The reason is quite simple, you're removing the outer skin layer so there is more exposure to the thin and sensitive skin underneath.

To stop the sensitivity, I use
Pura D'or Pure & Organic Argan Oil 4 fl. oz. and apply a small amount to it to help form a protecting, moisturizing and healing layer. It works great!


I ran out of the stuff and have ordered another bottle, but i have not been getting acne after i stopped, so i think it played a huge role in it. Much less red spots compared to 3 months ago. Scars did not really change much. Skin also feels much more smooth without any pimples appearing all the time.

That being said, I tried this product for the first time today and already love it! After years of dealing with scrubs and acne products I already know where my sensitive spots are, so I kept the acid away from the area surrounding my mouth. By doing that I was able to keep the product on the rest of my face for a couple minutes with minimal discomfort. (I used a paper towel folded into a triangle to apply and my favorite healing lotion since I couldn't wait to buy gauze and the recommended non-comedonic moisturizer.) I was amazed to watch my blackheads start to "melt" away and my pores shrink. (This instant gratification alone makes it worth the price!) I am sure with repeated use (it says 6 treatments for best results) the product will continue to dissolve the small bumps as well and keep away any nasty cysts. This peel impressed me so much it prompted my first ever Amazon review. Thank you for making such a strong and effective salicylic acid available!









Blogger news

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts